No prior Financial or Fundamental knowledge is required. Just come with an Open Mind dressed with Common sense to realise how uncommon it really is !
Workshop Conceptualised & Conducted by
GAURAV A PARIKH
Indian Equity ~ Divine Diwali ~ Leanings & Learnings
You need to be there for this workshop to familiarize with Gaurav’s popular Five Steps Process in the ‘Value Vs Share Price’ Assessment of a Listed Company to make an Equity Selection for the Portfolio
We shall also debate , discuss & deliberate on Global & Domestic Perspectives & Prospects on a host of issues with focus on Economy & Stock Markets & the Tailwinds & Headwinds that matter & impact
More Importantly the Workshop will specifically address how your Direct Indian Equity Portfolio should be positioned respecting the need to protect capital while growing it & adhering to your risk profile & the discipline of Asset Allocation. Through Case Studies & Value vs Price Assessments of Companies the subjective & objective basis of Equity Valuation will be conveyed
The Indian Government has been in fire fighting mode on the Indian Economy this year as GDP Growth slumped to 5% in Q 1 FY 20 & the Liquidity tightened post fall of I L F S in the second half of 2018. After afflicting PSU Banks for years,the Sector NPA Woes showed their ugly destroying face in Private & Cooperative Banks making it a debate on solvency more than just a liquidity issue with their survival being tested
We’ll be discussing this along with the far reaching impact of the continuing partial & full Disinvestment in Government Enterprises & the ‘forced’ Corporate Tax Rate significant reduction that transferred Government Tax Revenues to the Corporates in the hope that the latter will boost the Investment Cycle & stimulate Growth.This rate reduction had sparked an instant historic’ boom on the bourses inside days with the Sensex rebounding from 36000 to 39000 before correcting again
Also do we need to take US President Donald Trump’s Tweet Warnings on Stock Market Crash seriously? This is what he has bluntly warned :
September 26,2019 referring to the call for an inquiry for his impeachment ~ “If they actually did this the markets would crash. Do you think it was luck that got us to the best Stock Market and Economy in our history. It wasn’t !”
June 15,2019 ~ “The Trump Economy is setting records, and has a long way up to go.... However, if anyone but me takes over in 2020 (I know the competition very well), there will be a Market Crash the likes of which has not been seen before! KEEP AMERICA GREAT”
In light of these warnings what are the implications for Indian Equity if Trump is impeached or ,if he survives this call,not re-elected US President in 2020?
Diwali 2019 & the beginning of a new Gujarati Samvat year 2076 approaches. It’s been an unnerving Samvat 2075 for Indian Equity with Capital & Profits of 2017 seeing erosion across the board of 4000+ listed scrips ,save in about a 100 or even less Companies, thirteen of which had lifted the Nifty & Sensex to highs of 12000 & 40000 respectively in June 2019 as having strong weightage in the Indices .
The ‘Fun’ in ‘Fun’damental Stock Stories too has vanished with Equity Portfolios showing strong depression in almost all stock selections across sectors & Market Cap segments
As Investors we rely on our own review & interpretation of micros & macros after being influenced internally on what the Promoters & Management convey to us in the Quarterly Financials,Company’s Annual Report,ConCalls,Analyst Meets,Company Visits,Investor Presentations & externally what is conveyed through Research Reports,the opinion of the Auditors, ratings on borrowings of Credit Rating Agencies & the overall supervision by RBI,SEBI & other Government Regulatory Bodies & relevant Ministries
Corporate Governance has often been subverted .Annual Reports are sabotaged, painted & tainted by sub standard supervision , monitoring & assessment ,intentional or otherwise, by Banks & other Lending Institutions, Statutory & Internal Auditors, Regulators & Credit Rating Agencies. Nexus & Vested Interests have vitiated the norms of Disclosure, Transparency & Accounting & Valuation Treatment that are prescribed.
Consequently Valuation perspectives have been affected & rapid de-rating has caused a fast downward spiral in share prices.What looked ridiculously cheap at a PE of 9 now looks risky at a PE of 4 when all four legs of an equity table, Valuation, Liquidity. Sentiment & Momentum turns viciously south ! ~ There are no Buyers even for PE 2 opportunities ! ~ that’s how frustrated & worried are all in these markets
Yet ! History lends a leg to the conviction that such meltdowns offer huge opportunities !
Courage & Conviction are both being severely tested to Hold or even Average, or Invest in what appear to be huge mispricing opportunities or simply Sell off expecting the worse is yet ahead
On Hindsight ,after paying a heavy price for market seduction, why do we now realise that Capital Protection is a ‘must have’ Mindset at all times for serious Wealth Creation through Equity.While Growing your Wealth it’s equally imperative to Protect it & that the discipline of Asset Allocation based on Risk Profile needs to be adhered to
This Workshop will equip you to deal with these questions
- What are the Contemporary Macros that are impacting Economy & Stock Markets?
- Is Indian Equity influenced by what’s happening in US & President Trumps’s warnings if he is impeached or not re-elected in 2020?
- Is the Indian Government running or ruining the Economy? Are the measures to stimulate Earnings & Growth & Employment & ‘Make in India’ more ‘forced’ & therefore reactive rather than proactive?
- Despite the Macro Headwinds & Market Meltdown, is Direct Equity yet the best compounder for Wealth Creation in the Long term ?
- How to construct an Equity Portfolio based on your Risk Profile & adhering to the discipline of Asset Allocation?
- How to fundamentally make decisions on specific Equity Selections after assessing Company Valuations against their Share Price now?
- How should one align News & Views on Company Operations & Financials in the Print & Social Media & on Stock Portals & Channels with own views ?
- How to strengthen resolve & conviction to hold on to Selections even when facing unrealized losses?
- When & How to decide a Switch in Equity Holdings?
- How not to let Emotion & Ego dictate holding on to Losers & Wealth Destroyers & just letting them go or avoiding them in the first place?
- What Mistakes can an Investor make & how can these be avoided or rectified ?
Invest a Saturday with Gaurav to discuss & debate all the above & more & to appreciate that Wealth of Mind & Monies must Move in Tandem & fundamentally assess Macros & Micros.
His Fundamental Value vs Price workshops in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 thus far have received full house response with participants spread from retail & High Networth investors to Corporates, Mutual Funds, FPIs & broking houses. From young exuberant & smart 25 year olds to not yet wise 70 year olds ~ They came specially from Dubai, Malaysia, Ghana, Cochin, Hyderabad ,Lucknow,Thrissur, Satna, Sangli, Allahabad, Gokak, Pune, Ichakaranji, Bangalore,Gurgaon, Delhi & of course Mumbai. The Corporate Tambola introduced in the 2017 workshops serves for great infotainment. Prizes are awarded even for those interacting the best.
Based in Mumbai, he is the Managing Director of Jeena Scriptech Alpha Advisors Pvt Ltd, a SEBI Registered Research Analyst & Investment Advisor & a Fundamental Force to reckon with in the Field of Advisory & Training in Indian Equities. His Passion for Equities, incisive analytical skills, sense of humor, top oratory skills and his remarkable ability to demystify macro and micros & stunning exposures on corporate governance issues has seen him being voted as the best speaker at many forums in India and overseas. He is the ideal ‘Go to’ Man for both Advisory & Training for Serious Wealth Creation in Indian Equities.
"What To Do & What Not To" is best exemplified by the tagline of his popular blog www.gauravblog.com "In India, Companies may fall sick but Promoters rarely do!".It’s been ranked as one of the Top Investment Blogs in India & one of the Top in the World & completed a healthy 10 years in 2018.. He’s been in & seen the Indian stock markets from close quarters from the 1980s & peppers his workshops with many fascinating & rich anecdotal experiences. He’s not into Shareholder Activism though he finds immense satisfaction in protecting the small investor from being exploited by unscrupulous promoters & companies that are short on Good Corporate Governance by raising issues that concern them.
Gaurav’s amazing forte is to simplify & demystify the most complex of financial concepts & scenarios for ease of understanding & convey it in his inimitable humorous style ~ & while doing so of course his workshops have thrown up several 100 Baggers & scores of Multibaggers & he is well known for spotting Turnarounds & making Contrarion Calls. For a record Five Years in a row now Outlook Business has featured him one of India’s Fundamentally Finest Stock Pickers & how he’s justified this recognition ranking at the Top with Shemaroo Entertainment & Astec Lifesciences that became multibaggers in quick time though he’s candid enough to admit the timing of entry & exit could have been better in a few others .. He has launched Popular Workshops at the BSE and his Mentoring Sessions at NSE were eagerly awaited. Over 30 years he has shared experiences with and trained over 50000 people in India and overseas in the field of Capital Markets.
Gaurav will show you how to fundamentally assess Value Vs Price in this Workshop when deciding on Equity Selections & weightage for your Portfolio based on your Risk Profile & Asset Allocation
Workshop Objectives & Benefits
The participant will become conversant & be empowered to :
- Translate Fundamental Interpretation & Valuation Theory to Application and Academics to Action
- Construct a Direct Equity Portfolio with suitable weightages based on Risk Profile & the discipline of Asset Allocation
- Strengthen Micro and Macro Perspectives
- Assess Disclosure, Transparency & Accounting Treatment
- Monitor Corporate Governance Actions & Behaviour to gauge Promoter & Management Mindsets
- Review Financial Statements to assess risks while figuring Value & Growth Potential differentiating between Profitability & Liquidity & why the latter should matter more
- Familiarise with the four Legs of an Equity Table ~ Valuation, Liquidity, Momentum & Sentiment
- Appreciate that Wealth of Mind & Money must move in tandem
- Deal with Investor Psyche & all that Jazz...Pitfalls...Thinking & Acting rationally to avoid making Investment Mistakes
Those Who Should Attend
- Wish to construct & position a Direct Equity Portfolio based on their Risk Profile & adhering to the discipline of Asset Allocation
- Keen to learn Gaurav’s popular ‘Five Steps’ Process to assess ‘Value Vs Price’ for a listed Company when deciding to Buy,Hold or Sell
- Seeking perspectives & prospects in this Market Meltdown to ‘What Now?’
- Wish to figure how to get out of existing tight corners & not get into such again
- Equity Sceptics or those who want to strengthen courage & conviction in Direct Equity in these
The Workshop would be a great practical value add even to Students pursuing Business, Commerce, Insurance, Finance, Equity, Management studies at all levels
From our 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Workshops:
- “you are an encyclopedia of the subject with case studies, which is the best way of teaching, sharing & learning... you truly personify the integration of intellect with instinct”
- “Ur our Santa sir, as long as you’re with us no need of Santa”
- “Your Workshop is a better Wealth Creator than Insider Trading!”
Here’s what a participant at a NSE Workshop exclaimed :
- “… even those 7 hours seemed like few minutes as all of us were so engrossed. The biggest value I got from Gaurav’s workshop is it completely changed my perspective of looking at Value”
Here are a few more :
- “Finding a multi-bagger is nice, having someone like Gaurav Parikh guide you on the journey... Priceless! ”
- “Amazing... Awesome Session about Fundamental Stock Selection & Wealth Creation”
- “Full of Inspiration, filled with wisdom.... am really proud to be a part of this wonderful session”
- “Best Power packed Saturday that I will never forget in my life”
- “…thought provoking Investment Seminar conducted in Gaurav’s inimitable style… Examined macro indicators, bases of valuation, critical data on a large slew of companies.”
- “Completely Blown away ! You really have changed the way I used to look at Markets”
- “Your Workshop is a better Wealth Creator than Insider Trading!”
- “It was Super Gaurav, your skills at short listing, reading & understanding balance sheets are amazing”
And this from a more than five consecutive times repeat participant in the past 24 months:
- “Indeed it was my fifth rocking Saturday that too in a row and obviously my personal stamp of approval to Gaurav Sir’s inimitable style of presenting fundamental concepts …Again Sir you Rocked & it was my fortune to attend your wonderful workshop… seeked everything for which I came …recreated the same old magic of Bangalore in Mumbai...great Saturday”
Jeena Scriptech Alpha Advisors Pvt Ltd
Research Analyst : INH000006907 ~ Investment Adviser : INA000013217
CIN: U74999MH2010PTC210730 GSTIN : 27AABCL9222H1ZI
Regd Off: Jeena House, Plot No 170, Om Nagar, off Pipeline Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 099
Head Off: Elphinstone Bldg, 1st Floor, 10 Veer Nariman Road, Horniman Circle, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Telephone: +91 22 42304117 / 138 / 140 ~ Email: [email protected]